Appreciation, Thanks & Credits
This site would not be possible without the generous contributions of Ty products, photographs,
information and advice from Ty collectors all over the world. We extend our sincerest thanks and
appreciation to everyone who contributed, with special recognition to the following
individuals and businesses:
|H. Ty Warner for starting it all. We can easily imagine a world
without iPhones, wide-screen TVs, Facebook and Starbucks, but not a world without Beanie Babies.
Wanda Whitley for giving us our first Beanie Baby as a Christmas present in Hanau, Germany. Wanda
inspired our dream of a Beanie Baby museum.
Karen Holmes, editor of
Ty Beanies Tracker Third Edition, for advising us on all things
Ty, and helping us to fill so many empty spaces on our Beanie Baby shelves.
Karen Boeker, a knowledgeable collector and reseller, for providing so many of the hard-to-find Beanie Babies and Beanie
oddities for our collection. Even more thanks Karen, for the first shiny apple in our collection;
Tyra with pom-poms.
Jacob Sadoff, who sold us our first "Original 9" Beanie Baby
with 1st generation Korean
Phyllis Miceli who provided many of the photographs of
prototypes and also assisted us in locating other collectors who specialize in
these rare and exotic collectibles.
Marc Ehrman at Fabric Friends & Dolls for always going the extra mile to help us obtain newly released Ty products
for the museum project.
Enthusiasts and collectors who have helped us by providing information or reporting
typos or other mistakes we inadvertently made at the site.
Steve Moss - Cardiff, Wales, UK
People and Blogs
- Barbara Gorniak - information and photos on Chef Robuchon Beanie
- Natalie Bell, Essex, UK - information on Beanie Baby swing tags
- Natasha Cupido, West Sussex, UK - information on Princess Beanie
- Sonya Saville - information about Beanie Boos
- Vicky Krupka - extensive listings of Beanie Baby oddities
- Suzanne Bryan, Winchester, Indiana - Information on Princess Beanie
- Vicky Russell - Information on Frankenteddy Beanie Babies
- Yvonne Brothers - information on Princess Beanie Baby
- Beaniesource.com (previously slothitup.com)
- Beanieuniverse.com (discontinued 2010)
- Karenbrit.com (discontinued 2011)
- Peacebears.com (discontinued 2011)
- Bean Plush Field Guide, 2nd Edition, Edited by Dan Brownell, Krause
- The Beanie Baby Phenomenon!, Peggy Gallagher, 1997
- Beanie Collector magazine, Spring 1998, Trend Masters Publications
- Beanie Mania, Becky Phillips and Becky Estenssoro, 1997, Dinomates, Inc.
- Beanie Mania II, Becky Phillips and Becky Estenssoro, 1998, Dinomates, Inc.
- The Great Beanie Baby Bubble, by Zac Bissonnette, 2015, Portfolio / Penguin
- Ty Beanie Tracker, Third Edition, Edited by Karen Holmes, Bangzoom Publishers, 2007
- Mary Beth's Bean Bag World Counterfeit Digest #1, October 1999
- Mary Beth's Beanies & More, Collectors' Edition #5, September/October 2002
- Mary Beth's Beanies & More, Collectors' Edition #7, January/February 2003
Last update - July 15, 2017