Caw with a Kiwi tush tag.
Counterfeit versions of Caw exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. The counterfeit Caw is larger than the authentic Caw.
2. The counterfeit Caw's beak and feet are a golden, yellow color. The authentic Caw has an orange beak and feet.
3. The eyes on the counterfeit protrude farther out than the eyes on the authentic version. The stems of the eyes inside the body are long and pointy.
4. The body of the counterfeit Caw is under-stuffed and floppy.
5. The fabric on the counterfeit Caw is shinier than the fabric on the authentic version.
6. The counterfeit Caw has a tush tag showing the year "1993." The tush tag on an authentic Caw shows the year "1995."
7. Front of the counterfeit's swing tag is shiny and the gold edge is too brassy.
8. The print on the counterfeit's tush tag is bolder than the print on an authentic version.
YouTube video Ty Beanie Baby Caw - Fake vs Authentic
The creator of this video is not affiliated with tycollector.com