It's Halloween - that scary night
When Jack-O-Lanterns glow with light
Come with us and Trick or Treat
Let's see how many friends we meet !
1. Frankenteddy has six different variations. The difference in the variations is the color of the feet. They all have the same style number.
2. A Ty-signed, prototype Frankenteddy Beanie Baby was auctioned off at ty.com in October 2002, to raise money for the United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF). Both of the prototype's feet were black.
3. Frankenteddy's poem was written by Vicky Russell. Vicky's poem won the Mary Beth's Beanies & More magazine "Be a Winner" Halloween poem contest in 2002. Vicky is the first Ty collector (other than Ty employees) to write a poem used for a Beanie Baby swing tag.
4. Articles about the prototype auction and Vicky's winning poem are featured in the September/October 2002 edition of Mary Beth's Beanies magazine. The Frankenteddy prototype signed by Ty and sold in the auction modeled for the front cover.
5. Shortly after Frankenteddy was auctioned off, the following notice appeared at the Ty Internet site.
Frankenteddy with a foot sewn on backwards.