I am called libearty
I wear the flag for all to see
Hope and freedom is my way
That's why I wear flag USA
1. Libearty was the first Beanie Baby bear to wear a flag. He was also the first Ty Beanie Baby to have a 4th generation swing tag.
2. The date of birth on the swing tag for the first Libearty Beanie Babies showed "Summer Olympics 1996". Note that the first letter of the name is capitalized in the poem (first tag below). Subsequent versions of the swing tag omitted the word "Olympics" from the birth date line. Before the new swing tags with the word "Olympics" omitted became available, Ty either whited out or put a small white tag over the word "Olympics". This was done to avoid possible copyright issues with the word "Olympics." On the swing tags with the word "Olympics" omitted instead of covered over, the first letter of the name in the poem is printed in lower case.
3. Although the swing tag images above show the Ty website URL on the tag, Ty actually covered up, put a blank sticker over, or cut off the bottom part of the tags with the URL because at the time the tags were printed, Ty did not have legal rights to the ty.com domain. Prior to Ty's legal acquisition of the domain in a court action, some tags were printed with the URL omitted, even though they still had "Visit our web page!!!" printed on them.
Swing tag with sticker over URL
4. Some sellers, particularly on eBay, attempt to represent Libearty with a brown nose as being extremely rare. That is not the case. All Libearty Beanie Babies were produced with brown noses.
1. Libearty with an upside-down USA flag.
2. Libearty missing the USA flag.
3. Libearty with "beanine" misspelling on tush tag.
4. Libearty with a Garcia tush tag.
Counterfeit versions of Libearty exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. There is a variety of incorrect flags on the counterfeit versions. Some have too much white between the stripes. Some have a wide white stripe at the top and bottom. On some counterfeit versions with the correct design of the flag, the red and blue are lighter shades than the those colors on the authentic version.
2. The fabric on the counterfeit versions is not smooth and soft.
3. The nose on the counterfeits is darker brown than the nose on the authentic version.
4. Some counterfeit versions have ribbons with the correct width but they are cut too long and sewn under the chin. Some counterfeit versions have a ribbon that is rosy red instead of bright red.
5. Yellow star on the front of a counterfeit swing tag is gold-yellow color instead of bright yellow.
6. The counterfeit swing tag has "freedom" misspelled as "freedem" in the poem.
7. The counterfeit swing tag left, inside has extra spaces in "U.S.A."