Teddy (brown, old face)
1. Teddy (brown, old face) did not have a ribbon.
Counterfeit versions of Teddy (brown, old face) exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. The seam on the back of the head must be "V" shaped. An old face teddy with a vertical seam is counterfeit.
2. One counterfeit version is a light tan color instead of brown. This counterfeit version also has a higher forehead and larger years than the authentic version.
3. The swing tag on the counterfeit version has an uneven thin gold border arount the front and back of the tag.
4. Genuine Teddy old face Beanie Babies must have a 1st generation black-and-white tush tag, dated 1993. (Some counterfeit versions do have the correct year on the tush tag.)