The Tale of Tom Kitten
SWING TAG PHRASE (inside right)
FIRST PUBLISHED: 1907
The story of Tom Kitten and his sisters
takes place in Hill Top, the first farm
Beatrix Potter bought in the Lake District.
SWING TAG (inside)
1. The color of thread used for the buttons on Tom Kitten's Jacket are different between the exclusive and retail versions. The buttons on the gold-thread version are gold. The buttons on the retail version are white.
2. There are two versions of each Beatrix Potter character made by Ty. The main difference between the two versions is the color of thread used to embroider the names on the character's clothing.
3. The versions embroidered with gold thread were sold exclusively by The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Cumbria, and Harrods, UK. The versions embroidered with other colors of thread were sold by regular Ty retailers in the UK. There are other minor differences between the exclusive and retail versions.
Both versions (exclusive & retail) of Tom Kitten.
Beatrix Potter Beanie Baby group with gold thread lettering.
Beatrix Potter Beanie Baby group with non-gold thread lettering.
4. Ty made six Beanie Babies based on Beatrix Potter characters. They are Jemima Puddle-duck (style 46069), Mr. Jeremy Fisher (style 46066), Mr. Tod (style 46068), Peter Rabbit (style 46064), Pigling Bland (style 46067), and Tom Kitten (style 46065).
5. Most collectors refer to the characters by their short names, but all of the swing and tush tags show a longer name that includes “The Tale of” in front of the character's story book name.
The Tale of Tom Kitten, name embroidered with gold thread.
The Tale of Tom Kitten, name embroidered with white thread.