Teddy (jade, new face)
1. Teddy (jade, new face) comes with a magenta ribbon.
Counterfeit versions of Teddy (jade, new face) exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. The color of the counterfeit version is not jade (as it should be) but more of a dark pine or spruce.
2. The counterfeit has a bright red ribbon that is also too wide and shiny on only one side. The ribbon color on an authentic version is deep burgundy.
3. The counterveit version's body is not as long as the authentic version.
4. The eyes on the counterfeit version are larger than the eyes on the authentic version.
5. Inside the counterfeit swing tag (like the 2nd generation Beanie Baby tag), the letters "UK" are too small and "LTD" should be "Ltd."
6. Counterfeit black and white tush tags have a bolder typeface than the authentic versions.
7. Spacing and print size are incorrect on the counterfeit tush tags.